Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London: Collins, 1938. Tale of flood tragedy in East Anglia's Waveney Valley area. Very scarce early novel by the prolific Cumberland/East Anglian author. First edition (?). Red covers with white lettering on spine, 446pp. Rough-cut lower edges. Covers have bumping and wear to extrems, 6cm split along lower joint, spine faded. Page edges dusty, yellowed and lightly foxed. Prelims missing up to and inc title page and upper hinge split and reinforced with tape. Lower hinge partially cracked but holding well. No DJ. Ref:104406. First Edition. Cloth. G-/N/a. 14x20.5cm.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
Terms of Sale
Church Street Books
payment with order. Refund if description inaccurate
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2007
Ask Seller a Question
About Church Street Books
Second-hand book dealer (formerly in a Diss Shop), with a stock of around 2000 books from modern quality literature to reference, aviation, classics and antiquarian
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- In reference to a hinge or a book's binding, means that the glue which holds the opposing leaves has allowed them to separate,...[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The portion of the book closest to the spine that allows the book to be opened and closed.
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- Foxing is the age related browning, or brown-yellowish spots, that can occur to book paper over time. When this aging process...[more]