Tombleson's views of the Rhine. Tombleson's Upper Rhine.
by Tombleson, William & Fearnside, William Gray
- See item description
Hay on Wye, Herefordshire
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Tombleson. London. 1832, . 2 volumes. Royal 8vo. 190pp; 181, (4)pp. Engraved title pages. Folding panoramic map; folding map. 137 (68+69) engraved plates. Later half calf, marbled boards, raised bands to spine, in six compartments, gilt lettering and spine rules. Marbled boards with a little shelf wear. Upper hinges reinforced. Minor worm damage to lower edge of reps Vol.II. Occasional light foxing and offsetting. Signature of Edward Lock to fep of each volume. A handsome set, with all plates as listed.
William Tombleson (1795-1846) Artist, illustrator and engraver.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Paul Haynes Rare Books (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Tombleson's views of the Rhine. Tombleson's Upper Rhine.
- Tombleson, William & Fearnside, William Gray
- Tombleson, William
- Book condition
- Used - See item description
- Quantity available
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Germany, Switzerland, Rhine, engraved plates
- Bookseller catalogs
- Travel and Exploration; Europe; Christmas gift ideas; Fine Bindings;
Terms of Sale
Paul Haynes Rare Books
We hope to describe items accurately, and any purchase may be returned if it does not correspond with the description, on condition that postal arrangements for return are confirmed as soon as possible with us in advance of return.
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged. All items are fully insured during transit, a signature will be required on delivery. Heavier items and multi volume sets may incur a commensurate increase in the postage cost.
About the Seller
About Paul Haynes Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Calf or calf hide is a common form of leather binding. Calf binding is naturally a light brown but there are ways to treat...[more]
- raised band(s)
- Raised bands refer to the ridges that protrude slightly from the spine on leather bound books. The bands are created...[more]
- shelf wear
- Shelf wear (shelfwear) describes damage caused over time to a book by placing and removing a book from a shelf. This damage is...[more]
- Marbled boards
This Book’s Categories
- Bindings & Editions Leather
- Bindings & Editions Fine Bindings
- Countries & Cultures Europe
- History Western History European History Western European History French History
- History Western History European History Western European History German History
- Travel & Exploration Travel
- Antiquarian & Rare Collectible Books