Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
A Town Like Alice is a novel by the Australian author Nevil Shute. It tells the story of Jean Paget; as a prisoner of war in Malaya during World War II and then her return to Malaya after the war where she discovers something that leads her on the search for romance and to a small outback community in Australia where she sets out to turn it into 'a town like Alice'. It was first published in 1950 when Shute had newly settled in Australia.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
Engaging read, hard to put down.
- Mainly Fiction (NZ)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- A Town Like Alice
- SHUTE, Nevil
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Jacket condition
- Quantity available
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Bookseller catalogs
- Nevil Shute;
- 8vo - over 7¾ - 9¾" tall
Terms of Sale
Payment is to be received before delivery and can be made through the online services of PayPal, by sending a check or money order (not Postal) in US$ or other currencies, by cash in US$, or by credit card(Visa/Mastercard).If paying by credit card please allow for currency fluctuations as charges are made in New Zealand dollars.All books will be very securely packaged in special foam/bubble wrap.If not satisfied we will refund or attempt to replace.
About the Seller
About Mainly Fiction
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- price clipped
- When a book is described as price-clipped, it indicates that the portion of the dust jacket flap that has the publisher's...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]