A Treatise on the Distortions and Deformities of the Human Body. Exhibiting a concise view of the nature and treatment of the principal malformations and distortions of The Chest, Spine, and Limbs.
by Beale, Lionel J
- See description
Hay on Wye, Herefordshire
Standard Delivery: 8 to 25 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Second edition. John Churchill. London. 1833. Octavo. Title. xv, 325pp, (1), (2)pp ads. 4 litho plates. Text illustrations. Half-title not called for. Later half calf, marbled boards. Spine in six compartments with raised bands, gilt rules, and leather label with gilt lettering. Endpapers renewed. Crease and short closed tear to margin of title page. Marginal tear to last page of ads. Pale historic water stain to gutter margins of plates. Occasional spotting, occasional light marginal pencil, a bright copy. Bookplate of J. R. Kirkup to ffep.
From the library of John R. Kirkup FRCS DHMSA of Weston Hill, Weston Park East, Bath. Orthopaedic surgeon, Archivist to British Orthopaedic Association, Hon. Curator Historic Instruments at RCSE, medical historian and author.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Paul Haynes Rare Books (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- A Treatise on the Distortions and Deformities of the Human Body. Exhibiting a concise view of the nature and treatment of the principal malformations and distortions of The Chest, Spine, and Limbs.
- Beale, Lionel J
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- John Churchill
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Medical, Surgery, Orthopedics, Orthopaedics
- Bookseller catalogs
- Medical; Fine Bindings;
Terms of Sale
Paul Haynes Rare Books
We hope to describe items accurately, and any purchase may be returned if it does not correspond with the description, on condition that postal arrangements for return are confirmed as soon as possible with us in advance of return.
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged. All items are fully insured during transit, a signature will be required on delivery. Heavier items and multi volume sets may incur a commensurate increase in the postage cost. Post Brexit postage costs have suddenly increased, and may be subject to change. We will endeavour to find the most cost efficient means of postage for our customers. If we can find a lower price for postage we will adjust the charge accordingly. Regrettably, European customers may find that there are currently long delays in delivery due to the Brexit chaos.
About the Seller
About Paul Haynes Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- A common abbreviation for Front Free EndPaper. Generally, it is the first page of a book and is part of a single sheet that...[more]
- Calf or calf hide is a common form of leather binding. Calf binding is naturally a light brown but there are ways to treat...[more]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...[more]
- Marbled boards
- The inside margin of a book, connecting the pages to the joints near the binding.
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- raised band(s)
- Raised bands refer to the ridges that protrude slightly from the spine on leather bound books. The bands are created...[more]
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former...[more]