Treatises On The Second Sight. A Treatise On The Second Sight, Dreams and Apparitions : With Several Instances Sufficiently Attested; And An Appendix Of Others Equally Authentic.: The Whole Illustrated With Letters To And From The Author On The Subject of his Treatise; And A Short Dissertation on the Mischievous Effects of Loose Principles.
by Theophilus Insulanus (Rev. Donald MacLeod, William MacLeod, of Hamer in Skye [M’Leod of Hamir]), Rev. Mr. Frazer, Mr. Martin, John Aubrey, Esq F. R. S
- near fine
- Near Fine
NY, New York
Standard Delivery: 7 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Glascow: Robert Chapman, for J. Wylie & Co., 1819. Modern Quarter Calf, with Very Thick Hand Marbled Boards in Fine Condition. Title/Date Gold Gilt Stamping to Spine, ruled in blind (see scan). Collated, and Complete including Half Title, Title Page and Facsimile Title of 1763. Sewn Binding Very Tight. Internally some light signs of age, with the odd tick. Ever so slightly trimmed, final leaf corner expertly repaired, with no textual loss.. First Thus. Quarter Leather/Marbled Boards. Near Fine. 12mo - 7¼" tall.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- GatesPastBooks (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Treatises On The Second Sight. A Treatise On The Second Sight, Dreams and Apparitions : With Several Instances Sufficiently Attested; And An Appendix Of Others Equally Authentic.
- Theophilus Insulanus (Rev. Donald MacLeod, William MacLeod, of Hamer in Skye [M’Leod of Hamir]), Rev. Mr. Frazer, Mr. Martin, John Aubrey, Esq F. R. S
- Hard Cover
- Book condition
- Used - Near Fine
- Quantity available
- First Thus
- Robert Chapman, for J. Wylie & Co.
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Occult, History, Scotland, Scottish Highlands, Folk Lore, Jacobite, Superstitions, Omens, Prodigies, Prophecies, Visions, Seer, Precognition, Minister John Macpherson, Isle of Skye, John William Macleod Tacksman Hamer of Skye, Dà-shealladh, Taibhsearachd
- 12mo - 7¼" tall
Terms of Sale
All items ready to ship within 24 hours, safely, securely packed. 1-3 Day Priority/Express Domestic and Expedited International USPS available for all books. FedEx/UPS upon request. Contact directly if your preferred shipping option is not shown. Please note: heavy and/or oversized Items may require extra shipping charges.
Most books have images, email for further description or additional images if needed. All sales returnable if not as described.
Direct payments - https://paypal.me/GatesPastBooks
Communications - firstname.lastname@example.org ~ http://www.gatespastbooks.com
About the Seller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A duodecimo is a book approximately 7 by 4.5 inches in size, or similar in size to a contemporary mass market paperback....[more]
- Calf or calf hide is a common form of leather binding. Calf binding is naturally a light brown but there are ways to treat...[more]
- Marbled boards
- half title
- The blank front page which appears just prior to the title page, and typically contains only the title of the book, although, at...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- An exact copy of an original work. In books, it refers to a copy or reproduction, as accurate as possible, of an original...[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]