Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
A Tree is Nice is a children's picture book written by Janice May Udry and illustrated by Marc Simont. It was published by Scholastic in 1956, and won the Caldecott Medal in 1957. The book tells Udry's poetic opinion on why trees are nice: "Trees are pretty. They fill up the sky. If you have a tree, you can climb up its trunk, roll in its leaves, or hang a swing from one of its limbs. Cows and babies can nap in the shade of a tree. Birds can make nests in the branches.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Quintessential Rare Books, LLC (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- A Tree is Nice
- Udry, Janice May (pictures by Marc Simont)
- Book condition
- Used - Fine
- Jacket condition
- Quantity available
- 1st Edition
- Harper & Brothers
- Date published
Terms of Sale
Quintessential Rare Books, LLC
All Books are American or British First Editions unless otherwise noted. Dustwrappers are present if stated. Returns may be made within 3 days of receipt if book is not described correctly. Reciprocal dealer courtesies extended.
A NOTE ABOUT CONDITION:
Our top condition is fine. Other dealers may use the words mint, untouched, very fine, etc. which mean the same thing. We try to refrain from using general terms like G, G+, G++, VG+, VG++, because we want to describe what the copy of the book really looks like. As a result, we almost never get any returns since the books are actually better looking than the way that they are described.
Books are shipped by the United States Postal Service via priority mail.
We accept out of state checks, paypal.com, money orders, cashiers check, and personal checks. No credit cards at this time, except through paypal.com. Dealers, institutions, and approved customers may receive deferred billing. California residents will be billed the appropriate sales tax.
We are always interested in purchasing individual or collections of fine books for resale. Trades and consignments will be considered. Please write or call to the above address.
About the Seller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.