Trollope and His Illustrators
by HALL, N. John
- Near Fine in Very Good+ dust jacket
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London: The Macmillan Press Ltd.. Near Fine in Very Good+ dust jacket. 1980. First Edition. Hardcover. 0333262972 . First edition (statement on copyright page: "First published 1980"). Dozens of extraordinary black & white illustrations that accompanied the many works of fiction by Anthony Trollope are combined in this volume. Includes art by John Everett Millais, Hablot Knight Brown (a/k/a "Phiz"), E. Taylor, Mary Ellen Edwards, George Housman Thomas, Marcus Stone and others. In this work, Trollope scholar N. John Hall combines the drawings with biographical and bibliogical data. With extensive endnotes and index. --- In full brown cloth-covered hardcovers w/gilt-stamped spine titling, green topstain. Heavy, high quality interior leaves. Green jacket with sample illustrations on front and back. Macmillan £20-00 net flap sticker. --- A bright, clean, unmarked copy lacking obvious damages. Jacket with hint of rubbing, else undamaged and in removable mylar protector. Scarce in this edition. ; tall 8vo 9" - 10" tall; xiv, 175 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Trollope and His Illustrators
- HALL, N. John
- Book condition
- Used - Near Fine in Very Good+ dust jacket
- First Edition
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- The Macmillan Press Ltd.
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- >>Books About Books and Words;
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- Very generally, "leaves" refers to the pages of a book, as in the common phrase, "loose-leaf pages." A leaf is a single sheet... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [More]
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]