Trouble in July
by CALDWELL, Erskine
- Near Fine in Very Good+ dust jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: Grosset & Dunlap. Near Fine in Very Good+ dust jacket. [c1940s-50s]. Hardcover. Reprint, likely book club edition of Erskine Caldwell's novel, set in the American South by the author of the highly acclaimed 'Tobacco Road' and 'God's Little Acre'. Volume bears the original Duell, Sloan & Pearce publication date of 1940, but likely issued c1940s-50s. --- In full grey cloth-covered boards with green titling and decorations on cover and spine; publisher's green topstain. Jacket with color illustration of three men, a hangin' rope, and a girl. --- A very clean, bright, firm copy lacking obvious damages. Jacket w/chips at head of spine and with light edgewear; is otherwise nice and in removable archival mylar protector. ; 8vo 8" - 9" tall; 241 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- book club edition
- A generic term denoting a book which was produced or distributed by one of any number of book club organizations. Usually the... [More]