Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London: The Strawberry Press, 1996. A fine copy of this elusive private press edition. This is copy is a presentation copy,signed by the publisher Paul Nash. The colophon states "around two hundred copies of this edition have been hand set and printed by P.W.N. and A.P.F." This issued for private circulation at the Midwinter Solstice 1996. It is bound in a highly decorative paper, black with gold sparkles. Nash explains in the Introduction that Lawrence probably did not intend these tales for publication, but rather produced them as an exercise in Arabic, which he was attempting to master in 1910-11 Originally published by Viscount Carlow at his Corvinus Press.. Special Edition. Paperback. Fine. Illus. by Nash, Paul. 12mo - over 6¾" - 7¾" tall. Private Press.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Rickaro Books Ltd (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Two Arabic Folk Tales, Translated By T.E. Lawrence
- Lawrence, T.E
- Nash, Paul
- Book condition
- Used - Fine
- Special Edition
- The Strawberry Press
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- TE Lawrence Arabic Private Press
- Bookseller catalogs
- T E Lawrence; Private Press;
- 12mo - over 6¾" - 7¾" tall
Terms of Sale
Rickaro Books Ltd
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2018
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
Ask Seller a Question
About Rickaro Books Ltd
At Rickaro Books, we have over 30 years experience in bookselling and customer care. We have a retail shop located in the historic town of Horbury and whilst we sell online, we always welcome visitors to the shop.We specialise in T.E. Lawrence (Lawrence of Arabia) but also carry a wide range of other titles across the fields of military, local history and first edition fiction. if you are seeking for a particular title, we are happy to assist and are always interested in purchasing good, collectable books.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- The colophon contains information about a book's publisher, the typesetting, printer, and possibly even includes a printer's...[more]
- A duodecimo is a book approximately 7 by 4.5 inches in size, or similar in size to a contemporary mass market paperback....[more]