Two Lucky People: Memoirs.
by Friedman, Milton and Rose D
- See description
Palm Beach, Florida
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1998. First edition of this memoir by the Nobel Prize-winning economist and his wife Rose, a professor at the University of Chicago Law School. Octavo, original cloth, illustrated. Fine in near fine dust jacket. Warmly inscribed by both authors on the half-title page, "For Dorian + John with love and thanks for your friendship Milton + Rose." Fine in a near fine dust jacket. The Friedmans come across as the last Enlightenment thinkers in a post-modern world. . . This is a book that restores your faith in reasoned discourse. . . There really are people who believe in scholarly exchange as a way to discover truth" (New York Times Book Review). The Friedmans co-authored two books on economics and public policy, Free to Choose (1980) and Tyranny of the Status Quo (1984), and founded the Friedman Foundation for Educational Choice to promote the use of school vouchers and freedom of choice in education. This memoir "is almost like a letter from a couple of old friends-- a couple of old friends who had a long, compelling intellectual journey, came to know some of the great world leaders of this century, and had 60 years of happy, supportive marriage" (Fortune). "Lucky indeed, but also possessing the courage to make their own free choices. A record of personal and scientific achievement, often in opposition to prevailing orthodoxy" (James M. Buchanan).
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Raptis Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Two Lucky People: Memoirs.
- Friedman, Milton and Rose D
- Book condition
- University of Chicago Press
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- Two Lucky People First Edition Signed
- Bookseller catalogs
- Biography and Autobiography;
Terms of Sale
Raptis Rare Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2012
Palm Beach, Florida
Ask Seller a Question
About Raptis Rare Books
Founded by Matthew and Adrienne Raptis, Raptis Rare Books is an antiquarian book firm that specializes in literature, children's books, economics, photo books, signed and inscribed books, and landmark books in all fields. Our business model is simple: we strive to handle books that are in exceptional condition and to provide exceptional customer service. We are proud members of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America (ABAA) and the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB) and exhibit at major book fairs in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Boston, as well as other regional fairs.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [More]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing... [More]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- When a book is described as being inscribed, it indicates that a short note written by the author or a previous owner has been... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]