Two Summers in Guyenne. A Chronicle of the Wayside and Waterside
by Barker, Edward Harrison
- See item description
Hay on Wye, Herefordshire
Standard Delivery: 8 to 25 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Richard Bentley and Son. London. 1894. First edition. Octavo. xii, 411pp. Engraved frontis. with tissue guard, 37 further engraved illustrations, folding map. Half morocco, marbled boards, bound by Mudie. Slight shelf wear, rubbing. Spine in six compartments with gilt lettering. Marbled endpapers and edges. Spotting to free endpapers.
A cultural hike in the footsteps of Edward Harrison Barker has recently been created from his writings which chronicle his travels off the beaten path through the heart of the Dordogne and the Perigord, "the old English Duchy of Aquitaine as it was defined by the Treaty of Bretagny".
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Paul Haynes Rare Books (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Two Summers in Guyenne. A Chronicle of the Wayside and Waterside
- Barker, Edward Harrison
- Half morocco
- Book condition
- Used - See item description
- Quantity available
- First edition
- Richard Bentley and Son
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- France, Dordogne, Perigord, Walking, Hiking
- Bookseller catalogs
- Travel and Exploration; Europe; Fine Bindings; France and French Interest;
Terms of Sale
Paul Haynes Rare Books
We hope to describe items accurately, and any purchase may be returned if it does not correspond with the description, on condition that postal arrangements for return are confirmed as soon as possible with us in advance of return.
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged. All items are fully insured during transit, a signature will be required on delivery. Heavier items and multi volume sets may incur a commensurate increase in the postage cost. Post Brexit postage costs have suddenly increased, and may be subject to change. We will endeavour to find the most cost efficient means of postage for our customers. If we can find a lower price for postage we will adjust the charge accordingly. Regrettably, European customers may find that there are currently long delays in delivery due to the Brexit chaos.
About the Seller
About Paul Haynes Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- shelf wear
- Shelf wear (shelfwear) describes damage caused over time to a book by placing and removing a book from a shelf. This damage is...[more]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- Marbled boards
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]