THE UNBEARABLE LIGHTNESS OF SCONES - A 44 Scotland Street Novel.
by SMITH**, ALEXANDER McCALL:
Standard Delivery: 4 to 7 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Since the comings and goings at 44 Scotland Street first appeared in episodes in the pages of 'The Scotsman' newspaper in 2004,the inhabitants of the Edinburgh New Town house have become familiar to Alexander McCall Smith's army of fans.The first serial novel,'44 Scotland Street',was collected in book form and became an instant hit both in the UK and the United States,where it appeared in the Top Ten of a number of bestseller lists across the country.
Here we find Bertie,the precocious six-year-old,still troubled by his rather overbearing mother,Irene,but finding escape in the Cub Scouts.
Matthew is rising to the challenge of married life with newfound strength and resolve,while Domencia epitomises the loneliness of the long-distance intellectual.Narcissistic Bruce is wrestling with big lifestyle decision,and Angus Lordie,portrait painter and pet owner,grapples with unexpected canine problems.And, finally,Angus's dog,Cyril,the gold-toothed star of the whole show,succumbs to the kind of temptation that no dog dog can resist. . .
Want more Alexander McCall SMITH titles? For similar and other titles,please search my MODERN FIRSTS,MODERN FIRSTS2 and SIGNED catalogues.
Since April 2013,again in March 2015,and in this year too,the UK Post Office has altered it's Pricing in Proportion template,altering its prices, weight allowances,dimensions and lowered its qualifying compensation rates too!
So,please contact firstname.lastname@example.org ,because of the value of this item,for correct,insured shipping/P+p quotes - particularly ALL overseas buyers - BEFORE ordering through the order page!
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- R. J. A. PAXTON-DENNY. (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- THE UNBEARABLE LIGHTNESS OF SCONES - A 44 Scotland Street Novel.
- SMITH**, ALEXANDER McCALL:
- Book condition
- Used - FINE.
- Jacket condition
- Quantity available
- UK,8vo HB+dw/dj,1st edn.
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- SCOTLAND.EDINBURGH.POLYGON/BIRLINN LTD.,2008.
- Place of Publication
- This edition first published
- *q52*.MODERN FIRSTS2.UK,8vo HB+dw/dj,1st edn.ISBN 9781846970573.44 Scotland Street.Espresso Tales.Love Over Scotland.The World According to Bertie.The Scotsman_Edinburgh.Books new,used,signed,rare.
- Bookseller catalogs
- MODERN FIRSTS2;
Terms of Sale
R. J. A. PAXTON-DENNY.
NO books will be sent 'ON APPROVAL' unless paid for in full and invoiced accordingly and with appropiate Registered/Recorded/Insurance,where applicable.If returned/declined monies refundable (P+p and any processing fees excluded). Other returns/refunds, only if book(s) are misdescribed,and then a) matches the invoice sent with it, b) returned in original packaging and state/condition sent out in,and received by buyer, c) and returned at the seller's original and actual shipping/P+p cost used when despatched to buyer - any excess cost borne at returnee's own expense. Notification of intent of return, required within 2 days of receipt of book please. 30 day return guarantee, for refund, (excluding P+p costs and any processing fees), for up to 30 days after delivery, only if an item arrives either misdescribed or damaged.Other returns accepted at seller's discretion. Orders processed same day,subject to time of receipt of order and payment, by end of P.O's business day, where applicable, and despatched the same day (weekends excluded). Shipping/P+p costs are based on books weighing 2.2Lb,or 1KG and UNINSURED, unless quoted otherwise. If your book order (P+p cost included/excluded) is in excess of 20.00 GBP,heavy or oversized, as per instruction, we'll contact you to let you know if extra shipping/insurance is required.Prices are nett, worldwide shipping/handling and registration/ insurance fees are extra.Books/orders in excess of 20.00 GBP will only be sent with appropriate insurance fees. So,for actual insured/registered shipping costs, prior contact with the seller, BEFORE ordering, is required at: email@example.com. All orders are wrapped in sellophane, then either bubble-wrapped or corrugated-card and then boxed.[US+CANADA only.] Items/orders over 20.00 GBP are automatically sent registered/insured either via PARCEL FORCE [insured].Or, International SIGNED For [insured] AIRMAIL,minimum of 6.50 GBP,in addition to P+p and subject to book('s) weight.Books WILL NOT be sent without appropiate Registered/Recorded/Insurance,where applicable.We use the Royal Mail for inland (UK)and most overseas deliveries.For most other International destinations,for orders/books in excess of 20.00 GBP,we use Royal Mail International Registered/SIGNED For minimum of 6.50 GBP (100gm),in addition to postage and subject to book('s) weight.UK addresses, orders/ books in excess of 20.00 GBP, sent Next Day Guaranteed Delivery [Minimum Insured up to 250 GBP automatically - at no fee,extra insurance can be bought upto 1,000 GBP and Maximum 2,500 GBP - enquire for costs.], minimum of 5.90 GBP per order, again subject to weight.
About the Seller
About R. J. A. PAXTON-DENNY.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- A term often used to indicate a book's new-like condition. Indicates that the hinges are not loosened. A book described as crisp...[more]
- number line
- A series of numbers appearing on the copyright page of a book, where the lowest number generally indicates the printing of that...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The page on the right side of a book, with the term Verso used to describe the page on the left side.
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]