UNDER MILK WOOD: A Play for Voices.
by CLEVERDON, DOUGLAS - Edited & intro by:
- FINE./No s/case - as issued?
Standard Delivery: 4 to 7 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
LONDON.THE FOLIO SOCIETY,1997. UK,slim Qrto HB minus s/case,1st thus.[Oiginally published in 1972 by the Folio Society with subsequent impressions and editions.This copy,published 1997,with variant binding.] FINE.No owner inscrptn, minus slipcase(?).Bright,clean,unmarked,publisher's original mauve,leaf-lithographed,grey cloth illustrated upper board,rear board plain mauve,and bright,crisp,stamped gilt letters to spine/backstrip, mauve+white headband with immaculate plain grey endpapers; bound by Hunter & Foulis,Edinburgh.Top+fore-edges crisp,bright and clean,contents bright,tight and pristine - no dog-ear reading creases to any pages' corners - an unread copy? UK,slim Qrto HB, no dw/dj - as issued?,3-93pp [paginated] includes introduction,9 full-page mauve+white lithographs by Ceri Richards (frntis included),illus+Voices lists/tables and an appendix of discarded passages. The text of this edition,set in 11 point Ehrhardt type leaded 2 points,and printed on Ibis Wove paper,prepared by Douglas Cleverdon,is no longer authorised for publication by the Trustees for the Copyrights of Dylan Thomas. The Folio Society's success is due to publishing books with exceptional typography ,illustrations,paper and bindings.The Society sources new introductions from literary experts to accompany classic texts,using skilled designers and master printers to produce memorable fine books in both fiction and non-fiction fields.The Folio Society also prides itself on producing series of an author's works which regular publishers might not think economic - in several cases it is only possible to acquire forgotten books by major writers in Folio Society editions. Since April 2013,again in March 2015,and in this year too,the UK Post Office has altered it's Pricing in Proportion template,altering its prices,weight allowances,dimensions and lowered its compensation rates too!
So,please contact email@example.com ,because of the lighter weight and value of this item,for correct,insured shipping/P+p quotes - particularly ALL overseas buyers - BEFORE ordering through the order page!
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- R. J. A. PAXTON-DENNY. (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- UNDER MILK WOOD: A Play for Voices.
- CLEVERDON, DOUGLAS - Edited & intro by:
- illus by Ceri Richards.
- Book condition
- Used - FINE.
- Jacket condition
- No s/case - as issued?
- Quantity available
- UK,slim Qrto HB minus s/case,1st thus.
- LONDON.THE FOLIO SOCIETY,1997.
- q52.MODERN FIRSTS2.UK,slim Qrto HB,minus s/case,1st thus.Folio Society_variant bindings.Books illus by Ceri Richards.Ceri Richards_lithographs.Modern Firsts.Modern Fiction.Plays_Dylan Thomas.No ISBN.FOLIO SOCIETY BOOKS.Books new,used,signed,rare.
- Bookseller catalogs
- MODERN FIRSTS2;
Terms of Sale
R. J. A. PAXTON-DENNY.
NO books will be sent 'ON APPROVAL' unless paid for in full and invoiced accordingly and with appropiate Registered/Recorded/Insurance,where applicable.If returned/declined monies refundable (P+p and any processing fees excluded). Other returns/refunds, only if book(s) are misdescribed,and then a) matches the invoice sent with it, b) returned in original packaging and state/condition sent out in,and received by buyer, c) and returned at the seller's original and actual shipping/P+p cost used when despatched to buyer - any excess cost borne at returnee's own expense. Notification of intent of return, required within 2 days of receipt of book please. 30 day return guarantee, for refund, (excluding P+p costs and any processing fees), for up to 30 days after delivery, only if an item arrives either misdescribed or damaged.Other returns accepted at seller's discretion. Orders processed same day,subject to time of receipt of order and payment, by end of P.O's business day, where applicable, and despatched the same day (weekends excluded). Shipping/P+p costs are based on books weighing 2.2Lb,or 1KG and UNINSURED, unless quoted otherwise. If your book order (P+p cost included/excluded) is in excess of 20.00 GBP,heavy or oversized, as per instruction, we'll contact you to let you know if extra shipping/insurance is required.Prices are nett, worldwide shipping/handling and registration/ insurance fees are extra.Books/orders in excess of 20.00 GBP will only be sent with appropriate insurance fees. So,for actual insured/registered shipping costs, prior contact with the seller, BEFORE ordering, is required at: firstname.lastname@example.org. All orders are wrapped in sellophane, then either bubble-wrapped or corrugated-card and then boxed.[US+CANADA only.] Items/orders over 20.00 GBP are automatically sent registered/insured either via PARCEL FORCE [insured].Or, International SIGNED For [insured] AIRMAIL,minimum of 6.50 GBP,in addition to P+p and subject to book('s) weight.Books WILL NOT be sent without appropiate Registered/Recorded/Insurance,where applicable.We use the Royal Mail for inland (UK)and most overseas deliveries.For most other International destinations,for orders/books in excess of 20.00 GBP,we use Royal Mail International Registered/SIGNED For minimum of 6.50 GBP (100gm),in addition to postage and subject to book('s) weight.UK addresses, orders/ books in excess of 20.00 GBP, sent Next Day Guaranteed Delivery [Minimum Insured up to 250 GBP automatically - at no fee,extra insurance can be bought upto 1,000 GBP and Maximum 2,500 GBP - enquire for costs.], minimum of 5.90 GBP per order, again subject to weight.
About the Seller
About R. J. A. PAXTON-DENNY.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- A term often used to indicate a book's new-like condition. Indicates that the hinges are not loosened. A book described as crisp...[more]
- A strip of colored material attached to the text block at the top of the spine of a hard cover book. The same treatment...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- A folio usually indicates a large book size of 15" in height or larger when used in the context of a book description....[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]