Uranographie Chinoise ou Preuves Directes que L'Astronomie Primitive est Originaire de la Chine, et Qu'elle a Ete Empruntee par les Anciens Peuples Occidentaux a la Sphere Chinoise; Ouvrage Accompagne d'un Atlas Celeste Chinois et Grec (Two Volumes)
by Schlegel, Gustave
- very good
- Very Good
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Taipei, Taiwan: Ch'eng-wen Publishing Company, 1967. Reprint Edition. Hardcover. Very Good. 927pp; Two Volumes: brown cloth boards with tan spines, titling to spines, boards protected by clear plastic sleeves, endpapers slightly age-toned, text unmarked, binding is tight, VG condition. NOTE: THIS EDITION DOES NOT INCLUDE STAR MAPS. Two volumes. Reprint of original 1875 edition. Scarce work showing evidence that primitive astronomy originated in China and then borrowed by ancient westerners. Illustrated with diagrams and one foldout chart. TEXT IN FRENCH.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Book Happy Booksellers (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Uranographie Chinoise ou Preuves Directes que L'Astronomie Primitive est Originaire de la Chine, et Qu'elle a Ete Empruntee par les Anciens Peuples Occidentaux a la Sphere Chinoise; Ouvrage Accompagne d'un Atlas Celeste Chinois et Grec (Two Volumes)
- Schlegel, Gustave
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Reprint Edition
- Ch'eng-wen Publishing Company
- Place of Publication
- Taipei, Taiwan
- Date published
- science astronomy china chinese history constellations zodiac astrology stars heavens planets
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
Book Happy Booksellers
Items may be returned within two weeks of receipt if not as described.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2003
Ask Seller a Question
About Book Happy Booksellers
Online book sales specializing in collectible, out-of-print, hard-to-find & unusual items.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.
- Very Good condition can describe a used book that does show some small signs of wear - but no tears - on either binding or...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]