Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
This book is a sequel to Henry Esmond and I would recommend reading that book before reading The Virginians.I especially liked Thackeray's perspective of comparing his present time(1859)with the mores of 1756.This enabled me to compare1959 with 1859 and 1756.For me ,it was an extremely enjoyable read,one that I feel actually helped make me a little smarter.
- James & Mary Laurie Booksellers (A.B.A.A.) (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Virginians
- Thackeray, William Makepeace
- W. M. Thackeray
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Quantity available
- Brandbury & Evans
- Place of Publication
- Date published
Terms of Sale
James & Mary Laurie Booksellers (A.B.A.A.)
We describe our items carefully and conservatively. Anything may be returned for any reason for a full refund provided that the return is intiated within 5 days of receipt.
About the Seller
About James & Mary Laurie Booksellers (A.B.A.A.)
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also...[more]
- The paper covering on the outside of a paperback. Also see the entry for pictorial wraps, color illustrated coverings for...[more]
- Generally refers to minor discoloration or staining.