Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
This book is a sequel to Henry Esmond and I would recommend reading that book before reading The Virginians.I especially liked Thackeray's perspective of comparing his present time(1859)with the mores of 1756.This enabled me to compare1959 with 1859 and 1756.For me ,it was an extremely enjoyable read,one that I feel actually helped make me a little smarter.
- mclinhavenbooks (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Virginians
- Thackeray, William Makepeace
- The Author
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Quantity available
- First Edition.
- Bradbury and Evans
- Place of Publication
- Date published
Terms of Sale
14 day return guarantee, if an item arrives not described as stated. with full refund after receiving item back, return shipping not included. We will ship priority at our desecration within U.S. Priority only out in continental U.S.
About the Seller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]