Visions of Dame Kind
by Jeffery Beam
Asheville, North Carolina
Standard Delivery: 4 to 12 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Collection of poems by North Carolina poet Jeffery Beam. One of 200 copies bound in tan cloth, with forest green endpapers and a tan dust jacket featuring a drawing by James McGarrell. Frontispiece drawing also by McGarrell. 66 +  pages. NEW, from publisher's stock.
"In America we have meadows and woods, rather than parks and borders; obsession and trance where reflection would flourish. We are no gardeners, but shaman. The vegetable world still cultivates us. Its spellbinding old magic will not be let go, and Jeffery Beam reawakens us to it with his 'Visions of Dame Kind'.
Here, brevity is wit's true measure, and every detail an horary. Nonetheless, these poems are blazes. They cut trails, make settlement, and found again this new world. there is a restlessness among the leaves, intention in full day-light, shadows filled with desire." -Thomas Meyer
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Black Mountain College Museum + Arts Center Bookstore (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Visions of Dame Kind
- Jeffery Beam
- Hardcover with dust jacket
- Book condition
- New New
- Jacket condition
- Quantity available
- Place of Publication
- Winston-Salem, NC
- Date published
- Bookseller catalogs
- Poetry; The Jargon Society;
- 19 cm.
Terms of Sale
Black Mountain College Museum + Arts Center Bookstore
100% of BMCM+AC's proceeds from your purchase supports museum exhibitions, publications, education, and events. Visit blackmountaincollege.org to learn more about what we do!
About the Seller
About Black Mountain College Museum + Arts Center Bookstore
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Very generally, "leaves" refers to the pages of a book, as in the common phrase, "loose-leaf pages." A leaf is a single sheet...[more]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]