Visit to the Great Oasis of the Libyan Desert; with an account, ancient and modern, of the Oasis of Amun, and the other Oases now under the dominion of the Pasha of Egypt
by Hoskins, G. A
- See description
Hay on Wye, Herefordshire
Standard Delivery: 8 to 25 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
First edition. Longman et al. London. 1837. 8vo. 300, [297-299], bl. 301-338pp. [341pp: complete as published]. Lithographic frontispiece and 19 further plates from Hoskins own drawings, 3 of them folding, folding map at rear. Recent half calf, marbled boards. Raised banding to spine, gilt rules and lettering. New endpapers. Occasional spotting/foxing. Short closed marginal tear to edge of frontis. Erased stamp to top corner of title page. Initials to verso of frontis. (Half title not called for) Blackmer 833
George Alexander Hoskins (1802-1863) traveller, antiquary and artist. Secretary and Treasurer of the While Nile Association in 1839.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Paul Haynes Rare Books (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Visit to the Great Oasis of the Libyan Desert; with an account, ancient and modern, of the Oasis of Amun, and the other Oases now under the dominion of the Pasha of Egypt
- Hoskins, G. A
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, Green & Longman.
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Libya, Egypt, Africa, El Khargeh, Robert Hay, Frederick Catherwood
- Bookseller catalogs
- Travel and Exploration; Archaeology & Ancient History; Africa; Christmas gift ideas; Fine Bindings;
Terms of Sale
Paul Haynes Rare Books
We hope to describe items accurately, and any purchase may be returned if it does not correspond with the description, on condition that postal arrangements for return are confirmed as soon as possible with us in advance of return.
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged. All items are fully insured during transit, a signature will be required on delivery. Heavier items and multi volume sets may incur a commensurate increase in the postage cost. Post Brexit postage costs have suddenly increased, and may be subject to change. We will endeavour to find the most cost efficient means of postage for our customers. If we can find a lower price for postage we will adjust the charge accordingly. Regrettably, European customers may find that there are currently long delays in delivery due to the Brexit chaos.
About the Seller
About Paul Haynes Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The page bound on the left side of a book, opposite to the recto page.
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- Marbled boards
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- Calf or calf hide is a common form of leather binding. Calf binding is naturally a light brown but there are ways to treat...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]