Volcanoes Declare War: Logistics and Strategy of Pacific Volcano Science
by JAGGAR, T. A
- Very Good in Fair dust jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Honolulu: Paradise of the Pacific, Limited. Very Good in Fair dust jacket. 1945. Hardcover. Vulcanologist Dr. T. A. Jaggar lived and worked on the rim of Hawaii's Kilauea Crater, as one of the world's leading volcano experts. He also organized six expeditions to other Pacific Rim locales with volcanic activity. This work describes much of his research, describing notable volcanos in these areas. With a handful of color plates with illustrations of volcanoes, and several black & white photos in a center section. Includes drawings, tables, maps and charts. --- In leather-look brown textured cloth-covered boards with gilt-stamped spine titling. Dust jacket with a spectacular color image of an exploding Paricutin, which erupted in Mexico in 1944. --- With bumped cover corners and corresponding creases to corners of some leaves and mildly tanned leaves, otherwise a stable, sound copy. Fair-only jacket with large open tear to back panel, other tears and chips but remaining bright and wrapped in removable archival mylar protector.; Quarto - 11 to 13 in. tall; (4), iv, (2), 166 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Volcanoes Declare War: Logistics and Strategy of Pacific Volcano Science
- JAGGAR, T. A
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good in Fair dust jacket
- Paradise of the Pacific, Limited
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- The term quarto is used to describe a page or book size. A printed sheet is made with four pages of text on each side, and the... [More]
- is a worn book that has complete text pages (including those with maps or plates) but may lack endpapers, half-title, etc.... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- Very generally, "leaves" refers to the pages of a book, as in the common phrase, "loose-leaf pages." A leaf is a single sheet... [More]