A Voyage in the Indian Ocean and to Bengal, Undertaken in the Year 1790; containing an account of the Sechelles Islands and Trincomale; the Character and Arts of the People of India; with some remarkable religious rites of the inhabitants of Bengal: To which is added A Voyage in the Red Sea; including a description of Mocha, and the Trade of the Arabs of Yemen; with some particulars of their manners, Customs, &c.
by Grandpre, L. de
- See description
Hay on Wye, Herefordshire
Standard Delivery: 8 to 25 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Louis Marie Joseph Ohier de Grandpré (1761 - 1846) was a French navy officer and former slave trader. Between 1789 and 1790, Grandpré toured the Indian Ocean, beginning at Île de France (Mauritius), and included visits to India, the Seychelles, Vietnam (then Cochin China), Yemen, and Sri Lanka.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Paul Haynes Rare Books (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- A Voyage in the Indian Ocean and to Bengal, Undertaken in the Year 1790; containing an account of the Sechelles Islands and Trincomale; the Character and Arts of the People of India; with some remarkable religious rites of the inhabitants of Bengal
- Grandpre, L. de
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- First American Edition
- Printed by David Carlisle for W. Pelham and W. P. & L. Blake
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Mauritius, Seychelles, India, Cochin China, Vietnam, Yemen, Ceylon, Sri Lanka, Pondicherry
- Bookseller catalogs
- Travel and Exploration; Africa; The Middle East, India and Asia; France and French Interest;
Terms of Sale
Paul Haynes Rare Books
We hope to describe items accurately, and any purchase may be returned if it does not correspond with the description, on condition that postal arrangements for return are confirmed as soon as possible with us in advance of return.
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged. All items are fully insured during transit, a signature will be required on delivery. Heavier items and multi volume sets may incur a commensurate increase in the postage cost. Post Brexit postage costs have suddenly increased, and may be subject to change. We will endeavour to find the most cost efficient means of postage for our customers. If we can find a lower price for postage we will adjust the charge accordingly. Regrettably, European customers may find that there are currently long delays in delivery due to the Brexit chaos.
About the Seller
About Paul Haynes Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Calf or calf hide is a common form of leather binding. Calf binding is naturally a light brown but there are ways to treat...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- A duodecimo is a book approximately 7 by 4.5 inches in size, or similar in size to a contemporary mass market paperback....[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]