A voyage round the world, in the years MDCCXL, I, II, III, IV. By George Anson, Esq.; afterwards Lord Anson, Commander in Chief of a Squadron of His Majesty's Ships, sent upon an expedition to the South Seas. Compiled from his papers and materials, by Richard Walter, M.A. Chaplain of His Majesty's Ship the Centurion, in that expedition.: With charts of the Southern part of South America, of part of the Pacific Ocean, and of the track of the Centurion round the World
by Anson, George (Walter, Richard ed)
- See item description
Hay on Wye, Herefordshire
Standard Delivery: 8 to 25 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
15th edition. Printed for W. Strahan, J. Rivington & Sons, J. Robson et al. London. 1780. 8vo. A2-B4, 536pp. 3 folding maps engraved by R. W. Seale. Full contemporary calf, relaid to spine. Spine in six compartments with raised bands. Original leather label corner chipped. Corners a little bumped, a few small scars commensurate with age to the original boards. Printed initials (IKC) to second blank. Light toning, occasional spotting. Short closed tear to attachment of South America map. A crisp, handsome firmly bound volume.
ESTC T195667. SABIN 1629.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Paul Haynes Rare Books (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- A voyage round the world, in the years MDCCXL, I, II, III, IV. By George Anson, Esq.; afterwards Lord Anson, Commander in Chief of a Squadron of His Majesty's Ships, sent upon an expedition to the South Seas. Compiled from his papers and materials, by Richard Walter, M.A. Chaplain of His Majesty's Ship the Centurion, in that expedition.
- Anson, George (Walter, Richard ed)
- Book condition
- Used - See item description
- Quantity available
- Printed for W. Strahan, J. Rivington & Sons, J. Robson et al.
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Voyages, Travel, Anson, South America, Pacific
- Bookseller catalogs
- Travel and Exploration; The Middle East, India and Asia; Americas and Caribbean; Fine Bindings;
Terms of Sale
Paul Haynes Rare Books
We hope to describe items accurately, and any purchase may be returned if it does not correspond with the description, on condition that postal arrangements for return are confirmed as soon as possible with us in advance of return.
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged. All items are fully insured during transit, a signature will be required on delivery. Heavier items and multi volume sets may incur a commensurate increase in the postage cost. Post Brexit postage costs have suddenly increased, and may be subject to change. We will endeavour to find the most cost efficient means of postage for our customers. If we can find a lower price for postage we will adjust the charge accordingly. Regrettably, European customers may find that there are currently long delays in delivery due to the Brexit chaos.
About the Seller
About Paul Haynes Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A term often used to indicate a book's new-like condition. Indicates that the hinges are not loosened. A book described as crisp...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Calf or calf hide is a common form of leather binding. Calf binding is naturally a light brown but there are ways to treat...[more]
- raised band(s)
- Raised bands refer to the ridges that protrude slightly from the spine on leather bound books. The bands are created...[more]