Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
196 pp. A collection of 45 verses. Very occasional annotation in pencil in text. Light foxing and some damp staining on eps. Previous owner's inscription dated 1879 on ffep. Front hinge reinforced with old white paper tape. Front hinge cracked at half-title page. A little damp staining along front edge of ffep, half title and title page. Brown cloth boards with gilt lettering on front board and spine. Considerable damp staining along front edge of boards. Top and bottom of spine and corners lightly rubbed. Overall condition Good+.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Owl Books (IE)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Waifs and Strays - Verses
- Munster, Mrs Alfred M.:
- Book condition
- London: Marcus Ward & Co., 1879.
Terms of Sale
Prices are in Euros. Postage and Packing are at cost. Any item found unsatisfactory may be returned provided this is done within 7 days of receipt. We accept payment in Euros or Sterling equivalent (cheques payable to Owl Books). We also accept payment by Visa/Mastercard.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2004
Ask Seller a Question
About Owl Books
Owl Books is located in Kinlough, Co. Leitrim in the north-west of Ireland.We stock a wide range of topics including Natural History, Country Sports, General Literature, Travel and Topography, Religious and Modern Firsts. We welcome any enquiries.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- half title
- The blank front page which appears just prior to the title page, and typically contains only the title of the book, although, at...[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- In reference to a hinge or a book's binding, means that the glue which holds the opposing leaves has allowed them to separate,...[more]
- The portion of the book closest to the spine that allows the book to be opened and closed.
- A common abbreviation for Front Free EndPaper. Generally, it is the first page of a book and is part of a single sheet that...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]