Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
1844 1st ENGLISH ed Eugene Sue The Wandering Jew Mystery Literature Poverty
Eugene Sue was a 19th-century French novelist known for being one of the first French authors to fuse characters from different social classes making his work popular amongst all readers, not just upper or lower classes. His books, such as 'Mysteries in Paris' and 'The Wandering Jew' depicted various aspects of underclass society – rampant disease, poverty – and helped establish the 'city mysteries' literary genre.
Item number: #10944
The wandering Jew
London : Chapman and Hall, 186 Strand, 1844-1845. First English edition.
· Collation: Complete with all pages: 3 volumes
o Vol. I: [iv], 491, 
o Vol. II: [iv], 375
o Vol. III: [iv], 372, 
o Illustrated throughout each volume
· References: Sadlier 3159;
· Language: English
· Binding: Leather; tight and secure
· Size: ~9in X 6in (22.5cm x 15cm)
Very Fast. Very Safe. Free Shipping Worldwide.
Customer satisfaction is our priority! Notify us with 7 days of receiving, and we will offer a full refund without reservation!
Photos available upon request.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Schilb Antiquarian Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The wandering Jew
- SUE, Eugene
- Leather; tight and secure
- Book condition
- Used - Near Fine
- Quantity available
- Chapman and Hall, 186 Strand
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- 1844 1st ENGLISH ed Eugene Sue The Wandering Jew Mystery Literature Povertyrare, antique, old, first edition, 1st state, provenance, signed, inscribed, dust jacket, vellum, manuscript, engravings, illustrations, leather, plates, maps, antiquarian