The Waverley Novels
by Scott, Sir Walter
- See description
San Anselmo, California, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The Waverley Novels are a long series of novels by Sir Walter Scott, a Scottish writer and historian. For nearly a century, they were among the most popular and widely read novels in all of Europe. Scott did not publicly acknowledge authorship until 1827, causing the series to take its name from Waverley, the first novel of the series published in 1814. The later books bore the words "by the author of Waverley" on their title pages. The Tales of my Landlord sub-series was not advertised as "by the author of Waverley" and as a result not always included as part of the Waverley Novels series.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Heldfond Book Gallery, ABAA-ILAB (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- The Waverley Novels
- Scott, Sir Walter
- Richly bound in full royal blue calf skin. Ornate gilt tooled ruling to covers. Gilt tooled fleural motifs inlaid to edges. Orna
- Book Condition
- Adam and Charles Black.
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- 25 volumes complete.
Terms of Sale
Heldfond Book Gallery, ABAA-ILAB
The Heldfond Book Gallery is an elected member of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America and the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers and conforms to all ethical codes and standards of those organizations.Books found to be materially mis-described may be returned within seven days of receipt and all monies will be promptly refunded, if returned to us in the same condition as sent.
About the Seller
About Heldfond Book Gallery, ABAA-ILAB
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...
- Calf or calf hide is a common form of leather binding. Calf binding is naturally a light brown but there are ways to treat the...
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also...
- Raised Band(s)
- Raised bands refer to the ridges that protrude slightly from the spine on leather bound books. The bands are created in the...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- Full page illustration or photograph. Plates are printed separately from the text of the book, and bound in at production. I.e.,...
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...