Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The Wayward Bus - John Steinbeck (First Edition 1st Printing 1947 Hardcover w/ DJ)
Copyright 1947, published by The Viking Press (NY). Stated 'Published by The Viking Press in February 1947' on the copyright page with no additional dates indicates a first printing. Dust jacket in protective mylar is price clipped; however, the '2.' is still visible. Jacket is tanning (particularly at the spine) and it has nicks and chips at the spine head and tail, as well as creases and a worn spot along the rear hinge. Brick red hardcover has wear along the bottom-edge and three nicks, one along the top-edge, a second large nick along the rear fore-edge, and one on the bottom-edge. Green publisher's top stain. No writing or markings. Overall, it is in Very Good Plus (VG+) condition.
Today, nearly forty years after his death, Nobel Prize winner John Steinbeck remains one of America's greatest writers and cultural figures. Over the next year, his many works, beginning with the six shown here, will be published as black-spine Penguin Classics for the first time and will feature eye-catching, newly commissioned art.Of this initial group of six titles, The Wayward Bus is in a new edition. An imaginative and unsentimental chronicle of a bus traveling California's back roads. This allegorical novel of pilgrimage includes a new introduction by Gary Scharnhorst.Penguin Classics is proud to present these seminal works to a new generation of readers—and to the many who revisit them again and again.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Bronze Anthology LLC (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Wayward Bus
- John Steinbeck
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good+
- Jacket condition
- Very Good+
- Quantity available
- 1st Edition, 1st Printing
- The Viking Press
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- The Wayward Bus, John Steinbeck, First Edition, 1947, Hardcover, Facsimile DJ, Novel, Psychological, Fiction, Postwar, American, Social Attitudes, California,
- Bookseller catalogs
- 20th Century Fiction; First Edition;
Terms of Sale
Bronze Anthology LLC
About the Seller
About Bronze Anthology LLC
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The heel of the spine.
- The portion of the book closest to the spine that allows the book to be opened and closed.
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Copyright page
- The page in a book that describes the lineage of that book, typically including the book's author, publisher, date of...[more]