Wellesley verse, 1875-1925; First Edition, Signed by Author; Shackford, Martha Hale
by Shackford, Martha Hale
- very good
- Very Good/None present
Standard Delivery: 7 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: Oxford University Press. 1925. Signed First edition by the Editor/Author Martha Hale Shackford, Ph.D.. A collection of poetry by Wellesley women, including one of the first book appearances by Helen Hoover Santmyer, a 1918 graduate, whose first novel Ohio Town didn't appear for another 37 years, and her novel ... And Ladies of the Club didn't become a bestseller for an additional 22 years, thus 59 years after this appearance. 52 Libraries have this book but few that are signed by Shackford. Shackford wrote on the poetry of Elizabeth Barrett Browning in the Atlantic. She published other books but was stingy with her signature. Only one copy located. This is her alma mater work as Professor of English Literature at Wellesley College. Book does not have its dust cover and has a bump at the top with wear to the spine at the head and heel. Also has the bookplate of Lucille Cloman Norris. We have only seen one other copy signed.
Title: Wellesley verse, 1875-1925, Author(s): Shackford, Martha Hale, 1875-1963. Corp Author(s): Wellesley College. Publication: New York, London [etc.] Oxford University Press, Year: 1925 Description: vii, 194 p. 17 cm. Language: English Series: Wellesley semi-centennial series; Standard No: National Library: 003884318 LCCN: 25-10190 SUBJECT(S) Descriptor: College verse, American -- Massachusetts -- Wellesley. College students' writings, American -- Massachusetts -- Wellesley
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Calix Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Wellesley verse, 1875-1925; First Edition, Signed by Author; Shackford, Martha Hale
- Shackford, Martha Hale
- Blue cloth, gold lettering, College of Wellesley emblem on the front in gold. Some edge bumps and slight stain on front cover.
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Jacket condition
- None present
- Quantity available
- vii, 194 p. 17 cm.
- Oxford University Press
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- First Edition, Signed First Edition, Poetry, Rare books
- Bookseller catalogs
- Modern First Editions Signed; Art and Poetry;
Terms of Sale
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About Calix Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- The lower most portion of the spine when the book is standing vertically.
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former...[more]