Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: G. P. Putnam's Sons, 1946. In blue cloth covers with gilt lettering on spine. Square and intact binding. Clean and unmarked endpapers and text pages. Bumbing and sunning of ends of spine and edges. Dust jacket has chipping of ends of spine and rubbing of edges. Moderate shelf rubbing. In new protective jacket cover. Photos upon request. . Hardcover. Good/Fair. 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Quaker House Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Were Death Denied
- Dornford Yates
- Book condition
- Used - Good
- Jacket condition
- G. P. Putnam's Sons
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- Fiction, Mystery
- Bookseller catalogs
- Fiction, Mystery;
- 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall
Terms of Sale
Quaker House Books
Items must be returned within ten days of sale for a full refund if not satisfied.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2006
Ask Seller a Question
About Quaker House Books
My book holdings are eclectic in nature.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Good describes the average used and worn book that has all pages or leaves present. Any defects must be noted. (as defined...[more]
- A defect in which small pieces are missing from the edges; fraying or small pieces of paper missing the edge of a paperback, or...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]