Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London: A & C Black, 1904. First edition. Hard cover in original patterned cloth. Published London: A & C Black, 1904. 4to., 9" x 10 3/4", xxvi+153pp., illustrated with 125 black and white and color, full page plates, all with tissue guards, top edge gilt. Four inch split to rear outer hinge cloth, some soil and fade to the covers and spine. Pages and plates clean and bright, internally very good. . 1st. Hard. Good/No Jacket. 4to.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- The Wild Muse (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Whistler As I Knew Him
- Menpes, Mortimer; Menpes, Dorothy
- Book condition
- Used - Good
- Jacket condition
- No Jacket
- A & C Black
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- WHISTLER PLATES
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
The Wild Muse
Returnable within 10 days.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2005
Granville, New York
Ask Seller a Question
About The Wild Muse
Literary and modern first editions. Established 1985. Mail order only.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The portion of the book closest to the spine that allows the book to be opened and closed.
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- top edge gilt
- Top edge gilt refers to the practice of applying gold or a gold-like finish to the top of the text block (the edges the...[more]