THE WILD SILENCE. [Exclusive Edition.]
by WINN, RAYNOR :
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
PLYMOUTH., Devon, United Kingdom
Bibliophiles Club Membership
Standard delivery: 4 to 8 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Visually the exterior appearance is exceptional,and even internally,the book is also in an exceptional condition/state of preservation and presentation.It really is an exceptional copy for brightness and cleanliness. [See my book ID rja1021022 for the dw/dj illustrator's own book: 'A Year Unfolding by Angela Harding.]
Nature holds the answers for Raynor and her husband Moth.After walking 630 miles homeless along 'The Salt Path',the windswept and wild English coastline now feels like their home.And despite Moth's terminal diagnosis,against all medical odds,he seems revitalized in nature - outside,they discover that anything is possible. Now,life beyond 'The Salt Path' awaits.As they return to four walls,the sense of home is illusive and returning to normality is proving difficult - until an incredible gesture by someone who reads their story changes everything:
A chance to breathe life back into a beautiful but neglected farmhouse nestled deep in the Cornish hills;rewilding the land and returning nature to its hedgerows becomes their new path. Along the way,Raynor and Moth learn more about the land that envelopes them,find friends both new and old,and,of course,embark on another windswept adventure when the opportunity arises. 'The Wild Silence' is a luminous story of hope triumphing over despair,of the human spirit's instinctive connection to nature,and of lifelong love prevailing over everything.
Please contact seller @ email@example.com ,for correct shipping/P+p quotes - particularly ALL overseas customers - BEFORE ordering through the order page!
** N.B. ALL buyers please note,stocks' actual shipping/P+p costs are adjusted and any difference is refunded,after order's receipt and before the order's despatch,especially if the item(s) are offered either P+p included/FREE. ** This item offered P+p included.Offer available UK only,unless indicated otherwise. ** ** N.B. US/Canada customers please be aware: Standard AIRMAIL postage from UK to these destinations can now cost more than the price of the book! If speed is not of the essence,then Economy rate is recommended - at approx. anything from a 1/3rd to 1/2 of the standard AIR quote/rate - sometimes arriving sooner than the 42 days - but not always.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- R. J. A. PAXTON-DENNY. (GB)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- THE WILD SILENCE. [Exclusive Edition.]
- WINN, RAYNOR :
- dw/dj colour illustrated by Angela Harding.**
- Book Condition
- Used - FINE.
- Jacket Condition
- Quantity Available
- UK,small 8vo HB+dw/dj,Exclusive Edn,1st edn.
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- LONDON.MICHAEL JOSEPH/PENGUIN BOOKS,2020.
- q52.BIOGRAPHY.UK,small 8vo HB+dw/dj,Exclusive Edn,1st edn.ISBN 9780241401460.Illus by Angela Harding.The Salt Path_The Wild Silence.Memoir_Cornwall_South West Coastal Path.Nature notes_wild camping_walking_rambling.Books new,used,signed,rare.
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
R. J. A. PAXTON-DENNY.
NO books will be sent 'ON APPROVAL' unless paid for in full and invoiced accordingly and with appropiate Registered/Recorded/Insurance,where applicable.If returned/declined monies refundable (P+p and any processing fees excluded). Other returns/refunds, only if book(s) are misdescribed,and then a) matches the invoice sent with it, b) returned in original packaging and state/condition sent out in,and received by buyer, c) and returned at the seller's original and actual shipping/P+p cost used when despatched to buyer - any excess cost borne at returnee's own expense. Notification of intent of return, required within 2 days of receipt of book please. 30 day return guarantee, for refund, (excluding P+p costs and any processing fees), for up to 30 days after delivery, only if an item arrives either misdescribed or damaged.Other returns accepted at seller's discretion. Orders processed same day,subject to time of receipt of order and payment, by end of P.O's business day, where applicable, and despatched the same day (weekends excluded). Shipping/P+p costs are based on books weighing 2.2Lb,or 1KG and UNINSURED, unless quoted otherwise. If your book order (P+p cost included/excluded) is in excess of 20.00 GBP,heavy or oversized, as per instruction, we'll contact you to let you know if extra shipping/insurance is required.Prices are nett, worldwide shipping/handling and registration/ insurance fees are extra.Books/orders in excess of 20.00 GBP will only be sent with appropriate insurance fees. So,for actual insured/registered shipping costs, prior contact with the seller, BEFORE ordering, is required at: firstname.lastname@example.org. All orders are wrapped in sellophane, then either bubble-wrapped or corrugated-card and then boxed.[US+CANADA only.] Items/orders over 20.00 GBP are automatically sent registered/insured either via PARCEL FORCE [insured].Or, International SIGNED For [insured] AIRMAIL,minimum of 6.50 GBP,in addition to P+p and subject to book('s) weight.Books WILL NOT be sent without appropiate Registered/Recorded/Insurance,where applicable.We use the Royal Mail for inland (UK)and most overseas deliveries.For most other International destinations,for orders/books in excess of 20.00 GBP,we use Royal Mail International Registered/SIGNED For minimum of 6.50 GBP (100gm),in addition to postage and subject to book('s) weight.UK addresses, orders/ books in excess of 20.00 GBP, sent Next Day Guaranteed Delivery [Minimum Insured up to 250 GBP automatically - at no fee,extra insurance can be bought upto 1,000 GBP and Maximum 2,500 GBP - enquire for costs.], minimum of 5.90 GBP per order, again subject to weight. Cheques payable to R J A PAXTON-DENNY at business address.Ir requiring to pay by paypal contact seller for paypal account email.
About the Seller
R. J. A. PAXTON-DENNY.
About R. J. A. PAXTON-DENNY.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The page bound on the left side of a book, opposite to the recto page.
- The page on the right side of a book, with the term Verso used to describe the page on the left side.
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...
- Number Line
- A series of numbers appearing on the copyright page of a book, where the lowest number generally indicates the printing of that...
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects, "new"...
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- A term often used to indicate a book's new-like condition. Indicates that the hinges are not loosened. A book described as crisp...
- A strip of colored material attached to the text block at the top of the spine of a hard cover book. The same treatment applied...