Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London: John Lane Bodley Head, 1895. A very good copy rebound in contemporary half leather with marbled boards. Red title label to spine with five raised bands and gilt desgin. Previous owner's bookplate to fep. Page edges rough cut. Internally clean, bright and sound with b/w plates by Symington. 249pp + 15pp advertisements.. First Edition. Hardback. Very Good. Illus. by Symington, J. Ayton. 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" Tall.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Rickaro Books Ltd (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Wonderful Wapentake
- Fletcher, J. S
- Symington, J. Ayton
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- First Edition
- John Lane Bodley Head
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Yorkshire Fiction Sketches J S Fletcher
- Bookseller catalogs
- Fiction and Poetry; Yorkshire Fiction;
- 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" Tall
Terms of Sale
Rickaro Books Ltd
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2018
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
Ask Seller a Question
About Rickaro Books Ltd
At Rickaro Books, we have over 30 years experience in bookselling and customer care. We have a retail shop located in the historic town of Horbury and whilst we sell online, we always welcome visitors to the shop.We specialise in T.E. Lawrence (Lawrence of Arabia) but also carry a wide range of other titles across the fields of military, local history and first edition fiction. if you are seeking for a particular title, we are happy to assist and are always interested in purchasing good, collectable books.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A book in which the pages have been bound into a covering replacing the original covering issued by the publisher.
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- Marbled boards
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- raised band(s)
- Raised bands refer to the ridges that protrude slightly from the spine on leather bound books. The bands are created...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former...[more]