Woodsmen of the West
Victoria, British Columbia
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Book is GOOD plus in strict observance of grades without regard for age but this is over a century old and at least VERY GOOD for its age. Brown boards with black titling. Tissue-protected frontis. Title page as on scan. 12 photos on 8 plates, as published, and all fine condition.
When Woodsmen of the West first appeared in 1908, most readers could not relate to its rendering of the rough edges of logging-camp life.
QUOTE. . The accuracy of its detail makes it one of the finest examples of local realism in Canadian writing. It is also a fascinating chronicle of conflicting personalities, and of the genius of British Columbia hand-loggers, the culture of camp life, and the intrigues and corruption of the lumber business at the turn of the century. UNQUOTE
An excessively rare book. I can find no trace of a first edition like this is any library in the world although there ebooks and PODs.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Michael's Pride and Joys (CA)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Woodsmen of the West
- Book condition
- Used - Good
- Jacket condition
- first edition first printing
- Edward Arbold
- Place of Publication
- London, England
- Date Published
- B.C. Lumbering
Terms of Sale
Michael's Pride and Joys
About the Seller
About Michael's Pride and Joys
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the... [More]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [More]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]