Woodsmen of the West
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Book is GOOD plus in strict observance of grades without regard for age but this is over a century old and at least VERY GOOD for its age. Brown boards with black titling. Tissue-protected frontis. Title page as on scan. 12 photos on 8 plates, as published, and all fine condition.
When Woodsmen of the West first appeared in 1908, most readers could not relate to its rendering of the rough edges of logging-camp life.
QUOTE. . The accuracy of its detail makes it one of the finest examples of local realism in Canadian writing. It is also a fascinating chronicle of conflicting personalities, and of the genius of British Columbia hand-loggers, the culture of camp life, and the intrigues and corruption of the lumber business at the turn of the century. UNQUOTE
An excessively rare book. I can find no trace of a first edition like this is any library in the world although there ebooks and PODs.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Michael's Pride and Joys (CA)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Woodsmen of the West
- Book Condition
- Used - Good
- Jacket Condition
- Quantity Available
- first edition first printing
- Edward Arbold
- Place of Publication
- London, England
- Date Published
- B.C. Lumbering
Terms of Sale
Michael's Pride and Joys
About the Seller
About Michael's Pride and Joys
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- Title Page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...