Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Boston: Dana Estes & Co, [No date, circa 1900.]. THE ARTIST'S EDITION, Limited to only 100 sets, of which this is set #9. The Artists Edition, this being # 9 of only 100 sets ever produced. Bound in quality morocco leather. Gilded spines. Raised hubs. The top edges are gilded. Quality rag paper. Hand colored frontisplates protected tissue. 34 inches of shelf space. 9 inches tall. VERY GOOD condition. The leather is very fresh and supple. The hinges are all 100% fully attached, except volume one, which is starting. Fine internally. Very fresh, bright, free of foxing. No writing. Some general rubs abrasion. No writing. This is an exceptional collection of Eliot's works. Only 100 sets were ever produced, making this an exceptionally scarce set, it being virtually impossible to obtain, let alone in such condition. This set would make an excellent gift and/or addition to any fine library. In addition to their shelf presence, antiquarian books make an excellent investment. We always pack very securely to help ensure safe handling during transit. All books are individually wrapped and are always professionally padded. We offer a full refund guarantee, per our terms described on our site, with notification of such intent requested. Please contact us with any inquiries.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Merchants Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- THE WORKS OF GEORGE ELIOT. Artist's Edition. #9/100 sets issued. Leather Set. Complete in 24 volumes
- Eliot, George
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- THE ARTIST'S EDITION, Limited to only 100 sets, of which thi
- Dana Estes & Co
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- [No date, circa 1900.]
Terms of Sale
Merchants Rare Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2020
Ask Seller a Question
About Merchants Rare Books
Merchants Rare Books, established in 2003, buys and sells rare and antiquarian books, with an emphasis on first editions and fine antiquarian sets from the 17th - 19th centuries.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also...[more]