Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Boston: Houghton Mifflin, [Copyright dated 1883.]. THE RIVERSIDE EDITION. Bound in morocco leather bindings. Gilded spines. Top edges are gilded. Printed on quality rag style paper. Wide margins. Frontisplate of Emerson. 7.75 inches tall. 16 inches of shelf space. VERY GOOD condition. There is some general rubs/wear. The hinges are strongly attached. Internally fine and very fresh, bright, and clean. Appears free of foxing. The hinges are all fully attached. This set displays beautifully. This set would make an excellent gift and/or addition to any fine library. In addition to their shelf presence, antiquarian books make an excellent investment. We always pack very securely to help ensure safe handling during transit. All books are individually wrapped and are always professionally padded. We offer a full refund guarantee, per our terms described on our site, with notification of such intent requested. Please contact us with any inquiries.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Merchants Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- THE WORKS OF RALPH WALDO EMERSON. Leather Set. Complete in 12 volumes
- Emerson, Ralph Waldo
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- THE RIVERSIDE EDITION
- Houghton Mifflin
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- [Copyright dated 1883.]
Terms of Sale
Merchants Rare Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2020
Ask Seller a Question
About Merchants Rare Books
Merchants Rare Books, established in 2003, buys and sells rare and antiquarian books, with an emphasis on first editions and fine antiquarian sets from the 17th - 19th centuries.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]