THE WORKS OF WILLIAM AINSWORTH. Leather Set. Illustrated. Complete in 20 volumes
by Ainsworth, William
- See description
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Philadelphia: George Barrie, [No date, circa 1890.]. THE VICTORIAN EDITION. Printed Only For Subscribers. Set #148/1000. Ainsworth's Historical Romances. The Victorian Edition, #148/1000; With the etchings, proofs before letters, on Japan Paper, and impressions of the historical portraits on India Paper. Bound in morocco leather bindings. Gilded spines. Thistle, fleur de lys, clover motif. Top edges gilded. Marbled end papers. Rag paper. 8.5 inches tall. Over 32 inches of shelf space. VERY GOOD Condition. Very fresh, supple leather bindings. The hinges are all attached. Main point of wear is the significant abrasion at the base of the Talbot volume, also affecting the lower hinge area. Also some wear at the base of the Constable volume that is also wrapping over to the hinge area. Printed on quality paper that is fresh bright and clean. No writing. Some general rubs/wear and signs of usage. This is an impressive collection of Ainsworth's Works, and these display exceptionally well. This set would make an excellent gift and/or addition to any fine library. In addition to their shelf presence, antiquarian books make an excellent investment. We always pack very securely to help ensure safe handling during transit. All books are individually wrapped and are always professionally padded. We offer a full refund guarantee, per our terms described on our site, with notification of such intent requested. Please contact us with any inquiries.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Merchants Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- THE WORKS OF WILLIAM AINSWORTH. Leather Set. Illustrated. Complete in 20 volumes
- Ainsworth, William
- Book condition
- THE VICTORIAN EDITION. Printed Only For Subscribers. Set #148/10
- George Barrie
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- [No date, circa 1890.]
Terms of Sale
Merchants Rare Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2020
Ask Seller a Question
About Merchants Rare Books
Merchants Rare Books, established in 2003, buys and sells rare and antiquarian books, with an emphasis on first editions and fine antiquarian sets from the 17th - 19th centuries.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also... [More]
- The portion of the book closest to the spine that allows the book to be opened and closed.
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [More]