The Writings of Jonathan Swift: Authoritative Texts, Backgrounds, Criticism (A Norton Critical Edition)
by SWIFT, Jonathan; GREENBERG, Robert A.; PIPER, William Bowman (editors)
- Very Good+ with no dust jacket
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: W. W. Norton & Company. Very Good+ with no dust jacket. 1973. First Edition. Softcover. 0393094154 . Stated first edition. This work contains the complete and definitive texts of virtually all of Jonathan Swift's major works. Includes his Gulliver's Travels, A Tale of the Tub, The Battel of the Books and A Discourse Concerning the Mechanical Operations of the Spirit, among many others, as well as a generous selection of his poetry and other writings. Edited by Robert A. Greenberg and William B. Piper. With plentiful notes throughout providing explanations for archaic references. Also with over 100 pages offering literary criticism of Swift's work by notable authors and critics. With facsimiles of the original title page and frontis image from a 1735 edition of Gulliver's Travels. --- A softcover in stiff brown wraps. With an inked notation to facsimile title page,, else a clean, bright, unmarked copy.; Octavo - 8 to 9 in. tall; x, xiv, 721 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- The Writings of Jonathan Swift: Authoritative Texts, Backgrounds, Criticism (A Norton Critical Edition)
- SWIFT, Jonathan; GREENBERG, Robert A.; PIPER, William Bowman (editors)
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good+ with no dust jacket
- First Edition
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- W. W. Norton & Company
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- An exact copy of an original work. In books, it refers to a copy or reproduction, as accurate as possible, of an original... [More]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing... [More]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]