A Yarn of War - Palestine and France 1917-1918.
by WORLD WAR ONE. BOYD, Edwin R. (under the initials E.R.B.)
- See description
LONDON, United Kingdom
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Privately printed at the University Press by Robert Maclehose, Glasgow and issued by Maclehose & Jackson., 1919. First edition. Octavo. pp xvi, 251. Illustrated with the author's photographs and maps. Possibly the author's own copy: binding of full blue morocco with raised bands and gilt thistle motifs to spine, author's initials also in gilt at foot of spine, marbled endpapers, top edge gilt.Fine.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Peter Ellis bookseller (GB)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- A Yarn of War - Palestine and France 1917-1918.
- WORLD WAR ONE. BOYD, Edwin R. (under the initials E.R.B.)
- Book condition
- Privately printed at the University Press by Robert Maclehose, Glasgow and issued by Maclehose & Jackson.
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
Peter Ellis bookseller
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2009
Ask Seller a Question
About Peter Ellis bookseller
A shop in one of the last remaining bookselling enclaves of London, with a carefully selected stock of modern first editions, art and illustrated books, travel literature and other subjects. Known for books in fine condition.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- raised band(s)
- Raised bands refer to the ridges that protrude slightly from the spine on leather bound books. The bands are created in the... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also... [More]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing... [More]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]
- top edge gilt
- Top edge gilt refers to the practice of applying gold or a gold-like finish to the top of the text block (the edges the pages... [More]