Yokoyama Taikan (1868- ) (Kodansha Library of Japanese Art, Vol. 4)
by NOMA, Seiroku (original Japanese text); WEATHERBY, Meredith (English translation)
- very good
- Very Good
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Rutland, Vermont and Tokyo: Charles E. Tuttle Company. Very Good. 1959. Softcover. Stated third printing, 1959. A portfolio of the art of Yokoyama Taikan (1868-1958), an influential Japanese painter. The artist was known for his landscapes as well as portraiture and images of birds. The prolific Taikan produced about 10,000 paintings during his life. Includes 44 plates, 25 in full color (many of which fold out). Text rendered into English by Meredith Weatherby, from the original Japanese text of Seiroku Noma. --- A softcover edition, with French-fold flaps. Volume 4 in the series: "Kodansha Library of Japanese Art". --- Volume is sound and remains tightly-bound, but with age-toning to leaves and covers & with some creasing to spine and a few leaves.; 16mo (6 to 7 in. tall) .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Yokoyama Taikan (1868- ) (Kodansha Library of Japanese Art, Vol. 4)
- NOMA, Seiroku (original Japanese text); WEATHERBY, Meredith (English translation)
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Charles E. Tuttle Company
- Place of Publication
- Rutland, Vermont and Tokyo
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- The portion of a book cover or cover jacket that folds into the book from front to back. The flap can contain biographical... [More]
- Very generally, "leaves" refers to the pages of a book, as in the common phrase, "loose-leaf pages." A leaf is a single sheet... [More]