Yonder Comes the Train: The Story of the Iron Horse and Some of the Roads It Travelled
by PHILLIPS, Lance
- Very Good- in Fair dust jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York / London: A. S. Barnes & Co. / Thomas Yoseloff Ltd.. Very Good- in Fair dust jacket. 1969. Hardcover. An oversized work (10.5 in. wide x 13.5 in. tall) describing the development of railroads from simple, unsophisticated English machines to the technologically advanced steam locomotives of the early twentieth century. This portfolio of over 450 historic photos and drawings tells the story of the power units, rolling stock, people and places that were a part of railroading history, mostly in the U.S. --- Stated fourth printing, 1969. In full olive cloth-covered boards with titling in gilt to spine. Dust jacket features image of no. 3301 barreling down the track, pulling several passenger cars. --- A well-traveled copy, with age-toning & soiling to covers and leaves but intact and complete, though with small bored holes to first few leaves, acidic staining to front endpapers and soiling to textblock edges. Fair only, unclipped jacket with no shortage of tears, rubbing and chipping, but mostly intact and protected in removable archival mylar protector.; Folio - 13 to 23 in. tall; 395 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Yonder Comes the Train: The Story of the Iron Horse and Some of the Roads It Travelled
- PHILLIPS, Lance
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good- in Fair dust jacket
- A. S. Barnes & Co. / Thomas Yoseloff Ltd.
- Place of Publication
- New York / London
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- A defect in which small pieces are missing from the edges; fraying or small pieces of paper missing the edge of a paperback, or... [More]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- A folio usually indicates a large book size of 15" in height or larger when used in the context of a book description.... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- is a worn book that has complete text pages (including those with maps or plates) but may lack endpapers, half-title, etc.... [More]
- Very generally, "leaves" refers to the pages of a book, as in the common phrase, "loose-leaf pages." A leaf is a single sheet... [More]