You English Words: A Book About Them
by MOORE, John
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: A Delta Book / Dell Publishing Co., Inc.. Fair. 1965. Softcover. Per the back cover, this work ". . .is a book about the fun, the excitement, the adventure and discovery that the author, as writer and reader, finds in his encounters with the English language." He explores, with wit and humor, various quirks of the language, as well as some specific words, such as "floccipaucinilihilipilification", the longest word in the O.E.D. --- In black wraps with a collage of words to cover. --- The tail of the spine is scuffed and torn, pages somewhat browned; volume is otherwise intact and tightly bound.; Small Octavo - 7-1/2 to 8 in. tall; 254 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- You English Words: A Book About Them
- MOORE, John
- Book condition
- Used - Fair
- A Delta Book / Dell Publishing Co., Inc.
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- ENGLISH, LANGUAGE, BOOKS, ABOUT, WORDS
- Bookseller catalogs
- >>Books About Books and Words;
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- The heel of the spine.
- is a worn book that has complete text pages (including those with maps or plates) but may lack endpapers, half-title, etc.... [More]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing... [More]