You Only Live Twice: With Rare Movie Tie-In Wrap
by Fleming, Ian
- very good
- Very Good/Very Good
Woolloongabba, Queensland, Australia
Bibliophiles Club Membership
Standard delivery: 10 to 35 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The first edition PAN X434 was published in the UK in 1965 with a cover by Raymond Hawkey and "Not for sale in the in the UK", 250,000 copies were printed in July 1965.
The second edition of PAN X434 were printed in 1966 and shipped with a movie tie-in cover replacing the Hawkey scorpion and pearl cover. PAN Books had remaining stock of the first printing of 1965 with the Hawkey cover and applied a wrap of the movie tie-in edition to the remaining 1965 copies.
There is no record as to how many of these variants were shipped by PAN, the majority of the authentic variants discovered over the years have been found in Australia.
This a good unread copy, has tanned pages and foxing. The foxing is on the inside of the cover and first page, first page has a vertical tanning section where the wrap faces, this tanning supports the authenticity of this being the actual book shipped with the wrapper and not swapped out for another copy, there is a remains clipping to the front cover. The back cover has foxing inside and outside the cover, there is slight foxing to the last promotional page.There are no markings or inscriptions.
The movie tie-in wrap is complete and intact, there is a small section where the photographic image has been rubbed away on the front, there are some small pin hole perforations and minor holes on the folds of the wrap, there are some small tears and wears to the edges and other minor wear. Colours in wrap show slight fading. Inside of the wrap shows some slight discolouration/foxing. There are no markings or inscriptions to the wrap.
If you have any preferred shipping/carriers arrangements we are happy to accommodate.
We are happy to provide additional images and answer any questions on request.
Bond, a shattered man after the death of his wife at the hands of Ernst Stavro Blofeld, has gone to pieces as an agent, endangering himself and his fellow operatives. M, unwilling to accept the loss of one of his best men, sends 007 to Japan for one last, near-impossible mission. But Japan proves to be Bond's downfall, leading him to a mysterious residence known as the 'Castle of Death' where he encounters an old enemy revitalized. All the omens suggest that this is the end for the British agent and, for once, even Bond himself seems unable to disagree...
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Lavercombes Bookstore (AU)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- You Only Live Twice
- Fleming, Ian
- Paperback with Rare Movie-Tie In Wrap
- Book Condition
- Used - Very Good
- Jacket Condition
- Very Good
- Quantity Available
- Pan Books
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- Bond Fleming Movie Tie-In
Terms of Sale
About the Seller
About Lavercombes Bookstore
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...
- Movie tie-in
- an edition of a book which is produced in conjunction with a movie which is usually based on the book, often with a cover image...
This Book’s Categories
- Bindings & Editions Modern First Editions
- Fiction & Literature Action & Adventure
- Fiction & Literature Fiction by Region British Fiction
- Fiction & Literature Modern Fiction
- Fiction & Literature Mystery & Thrillers Thrillers
- Fiction & Literature Mystery & Thrillers Suspense
- Fiction & Literature Mystery & Thrillers Spy & Espionage James Bond
- Fiction & Literature Mystery & Thrillers Mystery Crime Fiction
- Fiction & Literature Mystery & Thrillers Mystery Detective Fiction
- Fiction & Literature Pulp Fiction
Save 10% on every purchase!Join the Bibliophiles’ Club and start saving 10% on every book.
$29.95 / Year