Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Good+, no dj Fiction George Routledge & Sons NY/London ND circa 1894 Early edition Hardbound 8vo, 303 pp + ads, pictorial cover + spine, 8 full page b+w plates, 16 pages of ads Tale of the 1884 Zulu Wars published circa 1894 with title page listing Routledge with New York and then London and Manchester at bottom of title page. Published prior to the sale of the plates to Blackie and Son who republished the title in 1897. Blue cloth with brown, gilt and yellow decorations and blue stained page edges. The spine cloth is darkened with some shallow wear to the spine ends; the frontis tissue guard has a chip at the outer edge; extremities are rubbed with cloth worn through at tips; inside front hinge has 3/4" and 2 3/4" inch splits to paper but hinge is solid. Rare printing.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
Terms of Sale
Pages Past Books
All items returnable promptly for refund.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2006
Kingston, New York
Ask Seller a Question
About Pages Past Books
Located at 75 Pearl St., Kingston NY with hours by Chance or Appointment. Website is www.pagespast.com
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- no publisher's date given
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The portion of the book closest to the spine that allows the book to be opened and closed.