St. Augustine, Florida, USA
A1A Books specializes in Crafts, General Non Fiction, Religion, Self Help.
Search the inventory of A1A Books
About A1A Books
We are an online bookseller with over 12 years experience.
Biblio Member Since2012
5270 A1A SouthSt. Augustine , FL 32080 USA
Terms of sale for A1A Books30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
Payment Methods Accepted
Interview with Joanna Sunderman of A1A Books
- When did you get started in bookselling?
- About 15 years ago on Amazon
- What drew you to bookselling?
- I like books and needed college textbooks, and I discovered that I could resell them online and get my money back when I was done with them. Then I started selling personal books I had read, then i started going to thrift stores, and it took off from there.
- Did you have any mentors in becoming a bookseller?
- No, I was the first person in my former area (Sarasota FL) to sell online.
- What are your specialties as a dealer?
- What's the most amazing book you've ever sold?
- An art book on Valore for almost $400
- What is your favorite part of being a bookseller?
- Getting books to those who need them
- Do you have an open storefront or have you in the past?
- Not physical, just on other venues (Amazon, half, alibris, valore, all in excellent standing)
- If so, do/did you have any bookstore pets?
- I do not have a physcial bookstore, i sell online but yes we have pets at home
- What is the funniest / strangest / scariest thing that ever happened in your store?
- I do not have a physical bookstore, i sell online only
- What is your favorite bookshop (other than your own)?
- Chamblins Bookmine in Jacksonville FL
- What do you personally like to read? Collect?
- reading: cookbooks and gardening books I collect anything old, before 1923 that is in the public domain
- What's your favorite book you personally own? Would you sell it, if the price were right?
- An vintage copy of Gone With the Wind. An ex library copy from the 60s. My dad who is gone, gave it to me so i would not sell it.
- What one book would you buy if price were no object?
- An original signed copy of The Lady and the Tigers by Olga Greenlaw
- If you were stranded on a desert island and could bring three books, what would they be?
- One on edible plants One on the constellations One on survival skills, preferably a military one cannot name titles, but have sold different books on these topics, and one of each of those topics for surivial purposes would be the most prudent choices