Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Search the inventory of Chloé's Bookstore
About Chloé's Bookstore
Online Bookshop specialising in Award-Winning First Editions, Signed Copies of Children's Classics, Fantasy, Sci-Fi and Contemporary Classics.
Terms of sale for Chloé's Bookstore
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
Payment Methods Accepted
Interview with Fouad Abdel Malak of Chloé's Bookstore
- When did you get started in bookselling?
- 9 years ago.
- What drew you to bookselling?
- After struggling to find my childhood classic books like: "Where The Wild Things Are" and others, I was inspired to find my favorite books and rediscover my past.
- Did you have any mentors in becoming a bookseller?
- Self taught.
- What are your specialties as a dealer?
- For the most part I specialize in award-winning books, preferably first editions that are signed and hardback. I only buy books that I've previously read and enjoyed and focus on the Fantasy genre, along with Sci-Fi, Childrens Book, and Modern Fiction Classics.
- What is your favorite part of being a bookseller?
- Discover people who share my passion for books, track books that marked my life and read them again.
- Do you have an open storefront or have you in the past?
- What is your favorite bookshop (other than your own)?
- Daunt Books on Marylebone High Street.
- What do you personally like to read? Collect?
- Haruki Murakami, R K Narayan, Graham Greene, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Joseph Canrad, Philip Pullman, Amine Maalouf, John Steinbeck, W.B. Yeats, Harold Pinter
- What's your favorite book you personally own? Would you sell it, if the price were right?
- Miniature copy of Milton's Paradise lost 1821 with original lithographs and gold edges.
- What one book would you buy if price were no object?
- The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer.
- If you were stranded on a desert island and could bring three books, what would they be?
- In the First Circle by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, Spring Snow by Yukio Mishima, The Book of Tanios by Amine Maalouf.