Mount Upton, New York, USA
ConsignItConsignment specializes in Bios, Books From The 1970's, Rare Books.
Search the inventory of ConsignItConsignment
We have a small consignment shop located in central NY, tucked away among rolling hills of corn stalks, dairy farms and baseball lovers near and far. We deal mostly in higher end quality items, unique and rare finds at the most reasonable costs. Sharing quality at affordable prices.
Terms of sale for ConsignItConsignmentWe take great Pride in what we offer and want you to feel confident that we will not misrepresent any book. We want to place our great books in your caring hands.
We have a 30 day return policy on all books for the following reasons: The book is not deliverable due to incorrect address or not able to locate. If the book is lost or damage in shipping. If you received the incorrect book or the book is not as represented, in the description. In these cases all purchase prices will be refunded. Shipping will be refunded as well, if your book is returned due to misrepresentation or lost or damaged in shipping.
Sorry, no other refunds are accepted.
We will combine shipping on all orders.
Payment Methods Accepted
Rare Books from ConsignItConsignment
Interview with Meta Lyons of ConsignItConsignment
- When did you get started in bookselling?
- We have been selling books for a few years, mainly through our small consignment shop. We started the consignment shop a couple of years ago with a thought of wanting to be a little different from the "junk" shops around, so we decided to just deal in higher-end, more quality and unique items. Not just antiques, but quality, different, and rare find things.
- What are your specialties as a dealer?
- We deal in lots of different items from housewares to furniture, books to jewelry. Some of the items are new with original tags, boxes etc, some are old and well cared for or acquired through the death of a loved one. A lot of what we sell is on consignment but occasionally items belong to the shop as well. All the items we sell are in working condition, have no missing pieces, tears, rips, or stains, etc in the case of age related wear and vintage books.
- What's the most amazing book you've ever sold?
- A book on covered bridges from the Delaware River region. The book detailed who the bridges were named after and the history of the families. The types of the bridges, how they were constructed, how long it took and how important that bridge was for that general area. All the pictures were pencil draw with great detail. Amazing find, sad to have let it go.
- What is your favorite part of being a bookseller?
- The happiness in people when they buy something they love.
- What one book would you buy if price were no object?
- An original Uncle Remus Book about Bare Rabbit.
- If you were stranded on a desert island and could bring three books, what would they be?
- Great Expectations for sure, never read it, always wanted to. Any history books, I always wish I knew more about history. And, 1001 things to do with sand!