New York, New York, USA
Perplexial specializes in First Editions, Limited Editions, Literature, Fiction, And Poetry, Signed First Printings.
Search the inventory of Perplexial
We specialize in 20th century American & Englsh literature, first editions, signed editions, and other collectible works.
Biblio Member Since2017
390 Madison AveNew York, NY 11104 USA
Featured Books from Perplexial
Terms of sale for Perplexial
If you have any questions, please contact us.
Payment Methods Accepted
Rare Books from Perplexial
Interview with Ryan of Perplexial
- When did you get started in bookselling?
- I started selling sometime at the end of 2016. I inherited a very large library and I am slowly trying to get rid of some books.
- What drew you to bookselling?
- Appreciation for collectible books.
- Did you have any mentors in becoming a bookseller?
- What are your specialties as a dealer?
- I deal in signed, rare collectibles. Most of them are in Very Fine or Unread condition.
- What's the most amazing book you've ever sold?
- Bodley Head 1937 signed copy of Ulysses for an undisclosed price.
- What is your favorite part of being a bookseller?
- I have a soft spot for arts that are dying, book collecting just happened to be on the same page.
- Do you have an open storefront or have you in the past?
- If so, do/did you have any bookstore pets?
- What is the funniest / strangest / scariest thing that ever happened in your store?
- What is your favorite bookshop (other than your own)?
- Riverrun Bookstore - it's quaint little store, run by the same man for over 40 years now and before that his father before him.
- What do you personally like to read? Collect?
- The classics mostly; Jack London, Hemingway, Faulkner, etc. But as of late I've been reading a lot of Richard Dawkins (own all of his books signed). I collect anything that is valuable or has a certain piece of history attached to it.
- What's your favorite book you personally own? Would you sell it, if the price were right?
- Call of the Wild signed by Jack London. Probably not.
- What one book would you buy if price were no object?
- The Great Gatsby (Signed)