The Book Worm Bookstore
POWDER SPGS, Georgia, USA
The Book Worm Bookstore specializes in Childrens Titles, Classics, Fiction, Movies, Music, New Age, Non Fiction, Rare & Collectible Books, Teen And Young Adult.
Search the inventory of The Book Worm Bookstore
About The Book Worm Bookstore
We just joined Biblio in May 2020 and are finding some inconsistencies with our database. Since items come and go daily, we have a higher rate of rejecting orders so our rating may not be stellar for a bit but PLEASE order away and we will let you know asap if we don't have it. We have been opened since 2005 and carry over 30,000 titles. Mostly used with a few new books as well as tons of rare and out of print books, choices are plentiful. Find us on Facebook at The Book Worm Powder Springs. We do not specialize in any one genre but our motto is we don't cater to anyone but EVERY one!
The Book Worm Bookstore
Terms of sale for The Book Worm Bookstore30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
Payment Methods Accepted
Interview with The Book Worm Bookstore of The Book Worm Bookstore
- When did you get started in bookselling?
- I started selling books in 1998 .
- What drew you to bookselling?
- I love to read, and love to treasure hunt and this was the best of both worlds!
- Did you have any mentors in becoming a bookseller?
- I am a self starter, and never realized help was out there UNTIL I became a bookstore owner. Now I am amazed how many wonderful booksellers are out there that share their knowledge so freely!
- What are your specialties as a dealer?
- Our motto we don't cater to any ONE but instead EVERYONE! We have sold books from the 1600's through to what was just released a few days ago! I have met hundreds of authors and people in the industry so we have lots of signed copies in stock. We don't always advertise that so sometimes it is just a bonus when your book arrives!
- What's the most amazing book you've ever sold?
- A recent sale of a book from the 1600's.Codex Fabrianus Definitionum Forensium Et Rerum In Sacro Sabaudiae Senatu Tractatarum was the translated title. The title page dates to 1659 but signatures are 1868 of a well known, for that time, law professor and other signatures on the page. The book was likely goatskin and in amazing condition and we guessed it was a special gift for someone that possibly just became an attorney. Of course, that is speculation. But the book was a wonderful topic of discussion
- What is your favorite part of being a bookseller?
- Helping people find the book that brings them memories of the past AND saving a child's life by having the book he/she have already done a report for the night before it is due and the parent can't find it anywhere. To pull it off the shelf and see the child's face light up.... amazing!
- Do you have an open storefront or have you in the past?
- yes, we have been open 15 years
- If so, do/did you have any bookstore pets?
- Yes, Ramona the pest. She is a stray that found us last year.
- What is the funniest / strangest / scariest thing that ever happened in your store?
- Ghosts, they run amuck in our building and we have had quite a few people who do not know each other claim the same places have high "spirit" energy, some good some bad.
- What is your favorite bookshop (other than your own)?
- Oh no, that is not a fair question, my list is long! I have to go with John King Books in Detroit,Michigan for most overwhelmingly wonderful, Underground Books in Carrolton,GA for the neatest feel of a store, and BookPeople in Austin, TX
- What do you personally like to read? Collect?
- Mysteries, Biography and Business books
- What's your favorite book you personally own? Would you sell it, if the price were right?
- Brian Froud's Faeries. it is not because it is worth anything special, I just love it. Most valuable book to me is a beautifully boxed and still unread manuscript from a wonderful author, Renee Bernard. She is a romance writer, a genre I don't read, but someday when I have time, I will make it my first Romance read;o)
- What one book would you buy if price were no object?
- A 1st edition signed copy of Gone With The Wind
- If you were stranded on a desert island and could bring three books, what would they be?
- The next one of Diana Gabaldon's Outlander book that I haven't read, Gone With The Wind and Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal