How do I use HomeBase 2.3 to send a file via FTP?
HomeBase has built-in support for sending files via FTP*. To send a file to Biblio with HomeBase, follow the following instructions:
- From inside of HomeBase: Click on File, then go to Import / Export, then to Export / Send to ABE
- Note: If you are performing your first upload to Biblio, make sure to check the field labeled simply Upload Books and un-check the field labeled Changes since last load date.
- Make sure and write down the values in the fields indicated by arrows in the image below - you will need those later.
- Now, change the fields indicated by the arrows below to be, respectively, your Biblio FTP user name, your Biblio FTP password, and ftp.Biblio.com.
- In the window that comes up, make sure to un-check Changed Since. For subsequent uploads after your initial upload, you will leave this box checked.
- Press Send, and follow the remainder of the instructions just as you normally would.
- After the file has been sent completely, use the information you wrote down earlier to restore the fields to their original values.
If you want to view your Biblio FTP login, or change your login password, use the Upload Settings link in your BiblioDirect bookseller menu to do so. Please note that your Biblio FTP login is separate from your BiblioDirect bookseller menu login information.
*Please note, ABE provided a security patch to HomeBase 2.3 users in 2013. There is no fundamental difference in the process of uploading to Biblio via HomeBase FTP, but one effect was that your FTP username at Biblio is now required to be all capital letters. If you need to update your Biblio FTP username to all capital letters, please send a request to us at and we'll be happy to take care of that for you!
I was delighted with my order and your service. The book arrived in time for the occasion that I needed it for. I was thrilled to be able to find an out-of-print copy.