Symphony No. 2, Op. 21: study score
by George Whitefield Chadwick
100 Copies Available from This Seller
Standard Delivery: 10 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
This is a new, digitally enhanced reprint of the score originally published in 1888 by Arthur P. Schmidt. The first American symphony published in full score on a non-subscription basis, Chadwick's Symphony No.2 is a romantic work that nevertheless features the uniquely American sound typical of this composer. This very American sounding symphony was completed nearly a full decade before Antonin Dvorak's much more famous Symphony No.9, Op.95 'From the New World'. Chadwick's 35-minute symphony is also scored for an orchestra of a size familiar to the Czech master, featuring 2 flutes, 2 oboes, 2 clarinets, 2 bassoons, 4 horns, 2 trumpets, 3 trombones, timpani and strings. It was first performed in Boston on December 10, 1886 by the Boston Symphony Orchestra conducted by the composer.
Original issue - Boston: Arthur P. Schmidt, 1888. Plate A.P.S. 1559
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Serenissima Music, Inc. (US)
- Seller Inventory #
- Symphony No. 2, Op. 21
- George Whitefield Chadwick
- Book condition
- New New
- Quantity available
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Serenissima Music, Inc.
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- George Whitefield Chadwick, Symphony No. 2, Op. 21, music score, orchestra, study score, partitur
- Bookseller catalogs
- Study scores; Orchestra;
- 6 x 9 inches, 220 pages.
Terms of Sale
Serenissima Music, Inc.
Checks must clear prior to shipment. Returns permitted up to 90 days for any reason for full refund on our own publications provided item is returned in same condition as shipped. Return for up to 30 days for other publications for any reason provided item is returned in original condition.
About the Seller
About Serenissima Music, Inc.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.
- Full page illustration or photograph. Plates are printed separately from the text of the book, and bound in at production. I.e.,...[more]