Symphony No. 8: vocal score
by Gustav Mahler ; Joseph Woss (arranger)
100 Copies Available from This Seller
Standard Delivery: 10 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Mahler's penultimate symphony recieved its premiere performance in Munich on September 12th, 1910 with a chorus of about 850, and an orchestra of 171. These massive forces led to Mahler's agent dubbing the work "Symphony of a Thousand." Mahler did not approve of the title at all, but it remains. The symphony was a great success at its premiere, one of the few of Mahler's works to be well received in his lifetime. It was the last premiere of one his works that Mahler witnessed before his death. Unabridged digitally enhanced reprint of the vocal score prepared by Josef Woss that was first published in 1910 by Universal Edition, Vienna.
8.25 x 11 inches, 212 pages.
Original issue - Vienna: Universal Edition, 1910. Plate U.E. 2660
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Serenissima Music, Inc. (US)
- Seller Inventory #
- Symphony No. 8
- Gustav Mahler ; Joseph Woss (arranger)
- Book condition
- New New
- Quantity available
- First edition thus
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Serenissima Music, Inc.
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Gustav Mahler, Symphony No. 8, Joseph Woss, Universal Edition, music score, chorus, vocal score, klavierauszug
- Bookseller catalogs
- Vocal scores; Choral / Vocal;
Terms of Sale
Serenissima Music, Inc.
Checks must clear prior to shipment. Returns permitted up to 90 days for any reason for full refund on our own publications provided item is returned in same condition as shipped. Return for up to 30 days for other publications for any reason provided item is returned in original condition.
About the Seller
About Serenissima Music, Inc.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Full page illustration or photograph. Plates are printed separately from the text of the book, and bound in at production. I.e.,...[more]
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.